Thursday, September 8, 2011

Minecraft 1.8 Adventure Update Release Bumped

Minecraft 1.8 Adventure Update Release Bumped

Those of you that marked September 8 (today) on your calendar as the long-awaited release date of the Minecraft 1.8 Adventure Update will have to be a bit more patient. Mojang has announced 1.8 will not be available for download until Monday, September 12 -- and even that date is labeled as the studio's next best guess.

On Sunday, Minecraft developer Jens Bergensten tweeted that "our best guess" for the Adventure Update release was September 8. On Tuesday, he said it looked the 8th was looking "grim," before tweeting yesterday:

"The new 'good guess' for a Beta 1.8 release date is 12th of September (this monday) =( *takes cover*"




Here's a rundown on some of the features the Adventure Update will be packing:
-- NPC villages
-- Randomly generated dungeons
-- New biome code
-- Fully working Creative Mode (and individual admins can enter Creative Mode on a Survival Mode server if they choose)
-- Critical hits
-- Sprinting and sprint jump
-- More farming options
-- Improved sunsets
-- Vines
-- New pig models
-- More dynamic mob-to-mob interactions
-- Animals will flee when attacked
-- Hunger Bar to manage how food heals
-- New lighting
-- Mineshafts and cobwebs
-- Experience orbs (earned when monsters are defeated)
-- Rivers and oceans
-- New mob: Endermen

Source 

42 comments:

  1. Looks really cool. I love Minecraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never played minecraft, but i hear it's a fun game

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we go!!! :D Looking forward to being scared stupid by Enderman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to play this when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome man, minecraft is great

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking in to Minecraft. Sounds fun but sorta complex so I'm glad I found a blog to rely on. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This could just be the update that gets me back into Minecraft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NPC villagers are suficient. I made big cities, but I was so alone...

    ReplyDelete
  9. my friends keep trying to get me into this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ounds interesting, but still, I couldn't really get into the minecraft wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm addicted to minecraft enough as it is already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't played Minecraft, but it looks preetty interesting to me

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gonna be well worth waiting a few more days!

    following :}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Minecraft if a sweet game, i cant wait til it offically releases in novemeber! i wish it had more to do, kinda pointless to just have an open world with no objectives other than to just resource

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shame, but still looking forward! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was really pissed off when he bumped the release date, but Jeb released the leak so I'm fine with that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, i'm gonna have fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks awesome man, even though i stopped playing minecraft months ago

    ReplyDelete
  19. Check out my blog man, 1.8 got leaked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dude, I fear playing minecraft, I always end up procastinating and wasting a whole week of my life building something!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. F*king hate minecraft, it blows my souls, just like wow and those kind of game

    ReplyDelete
  22. great review, thanks a lot for posting it

    ReplyDelete
  23. thank goodness for google translate lmao

    ReplyDelete
  24. have had a lot of friends tell me this was a great game. gonna have to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  25. yeah I very like minecraft ;p good game :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hah, so is it a good thing Minecraft is getting more like terraria...?

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is awesome! I cannot wait another day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Never understood why people play this :O

    ReplyDelete
  29. i used to play minecraft and i have to warn all of you! its highly addictive even though it has bad graphics and weird gameplay so DO NOT PLAY THIS unless you wanna wast many many time

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is out already?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whoa that's a big update. I still haven't gotten around to playing Minecraft though heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  32. new pig models! :)

    ReplyDelete